Job Title: Researcher
Job Ref: FhP_Jobs_2020_04
Job Type: Full time contract.
Job Salary: Depending on the academic degree and professional experience of the candidate.
Job Location: Porto, Portugal.
Job Description and Responsibilities:
The candidate will perform research activities within the Connected Things (Cyber-physical systems) group, namely in the area of embedded electronics. It is expected the candidate to contribute to the innovation area of Cognitive Connected Solutions and more specifically for the Sense portfolio item.
The candidate will work in close contact with hardware development. More than two years of experience in PCB layout and design of RF, analogue, and mixed signals using Altium/Cadence/KiCAD will be highly valued. Candidates with experience in the development of firmware and software for embedded devices are preferred. The candidate must be able to work autonomously and show excellent English communication skills.
Academic Master’s degree or equivalent academic qualifications (or equivalent second cycle complete) in the area of Electrical Engineering, Informatics Engineering, Computer Science or similar.
- Experience with HDI stackup definition, usage of blind/buried/plugged vias when using RF optimized dielectric materials;
- In-depth knowledge of impedance control (theoretical/lab testing);
- Experienced with placement and layout practices to mitigate EMC/EMI issues and design constraints for RF signals, thermal design, multi-board interconnect;
- Good understanding of IPC standards, certification will be considered a plus;
- Familiar with DFC & DFM paradigm and PCB ICT procedures;
- Experience with electronics lab testing equipment;
- Programming skills in embedded Linux systems using C and C++.
More than two years of professional experience or research experience in R&D projects and embedded electronics.
What we offer:
- Excellent work conditions;
- Being part of the team of one of the most renown applied R&D institutions of the world;
- Adequate salary (depending on the academic degree and professional experience);
- Private health insurance plan.
Applications are permanently open until the ideal candidate is selected.
The selected candidate is expected to start working in December 2020.
Applications must be made to the email firstname.lastname@example.org and contain:
- CV – mandatory;
- Motivation Letter – mandatory;
- Recommendation Letters are optional but also welcome.