Job Title: Computer Vision and Machine Learning Researcher
Job Ref: FhP_Jobs_2021_02
Job Type: Full time contract.
Job Salary: Depending on the academic degree and professional experience of the candidate.
Job Location: Porto, Portugal.
Job Description and Responsibilities:
The candidate will perform research activities within the Intelligent Systems group, namely in the area of Computer Vision. It is expected the candidate to contribute for the innovation area of accountable Artificial Intelligence, namely for the Audit portfolio item, or the area of decentralized healthcare technology.
The candidate will work on the following tasks:
- Research and develop image processing algorithms for segmentation or detection purposes;
- Research and implement machine learning / deep learning models for data classification capable to learn over time;
- Deploy the developed models in mobile applications or embed in edge devices;
- Deliver summarized reports about the developed models and provide proper software documentation.
Candidates with experience in the development of computer vision and machine learning methods and knowledge in incremental learning are preferred. Experience in mobile development (Android and/or iOS) and Computer Vision with application in embedded systems is a plus. Interest in industry or health applications will be valued. Previous working experience on relevant areas will be highly regarded. The candidate must be able to work autonomously and show excellent English and Portuguese communication skills.
Academic Master’s degree or equivalent academic qualifications (or equivalent second cycle complete) in the area of Informatics Engineering, Computer Science, Biomedical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or similar.
- Excellent programming skills (at least 2 of the following: C++, Python, OpenCV, Java - Android);
- Experience in image processing and analysis;
- Scientific knowledge in machine learning framework(s) (sklearn, TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch);
- Experience in mobile development (Android and/or iOS) and Computer Vision with application in embedded systems is a plus;
- Proficiency in English and Portuguese both spoken and written.
More than 6 months of professional experience or research experience in R&D projects.
What we offer:
- Excellent work conditions;
- Being part of the team of one of the most renown applied R&D institutions of the world;
- Adequate salary (depending on the academic degree and professional experience);
- Private health insurance plan.
Applications are permanently open until the ideal candidate is selected. A first “cut-off” to evaluate applications day will occur on the 17th of January 2021.
The selected candidate is expected to start working in February 2021.
Applications must be made to the email email@example.com and contain:
- CV – mandatory;
- Motivation Letter – mandatory;
- Recommendation Letters are optional but also welcome.