Job Title: Science and Technology Assistant
Job Ref: FhP_Jobs_2021_10
Job Type: Full time contract (renewable)
Job Salary: Depending on the academic degree and professional experience of the candidate
Job Location: Porto, Portugal
Job Description and Responsibilities:
The candidate will work within the Projects Department, Research Management Group, dedicated to activities supporting post-award phase of public funded research projects. Specifically, the candidate will have the following responsibilities:
1. Support to the management of public funded research projects, by assisting project managers in activities related with financial and administrative tasks.
2. Become knowledgeable with public funding regulations.
3. Management of the projects’ contractual documentation.
4. Support the Financial Department with the Payment Request process of said projects.
5. Act as a contact point for Public Funding Agencies for all matters related with these projects.
6. Become knowledgeable with the internal project management system, making sure all information complies with the contractual documentation.
The successful candidate will be dynamic, proactive, and a dedicated team player. Experience in post-award phase and knowledge on the European and Portuguese funding landscape is preferred. Experience in financial execution of funded projects is a plus. Previous working experience on relevant areas will be highly regarded. The candidate must be able to work autonomously and show excellent English and Portuguese communication skills.
Academic Master’s or Bachelor’s degree or equivalent academic qualifications in any scientific area.
- Proficiency in English and Portuguese both spoken and written.
Candidates will have at least 1 year of prior experience in research management within Research Performing Organizations, particularly concerning public funded research projects.
What we offer:
- Excellent work conditions;
- Being part of the team of one of the most renown applied R&D institutions of the world;
- Adequate salary (depending on the academic degree and professional experience);
- Private health insurance plan.
Applications are permanently open until the ideal candidate is selected. A first “cut-off” to evaluate applications day will occur on the 14th of May 2021.
The selected candidate is expected to start working in mid-June 2021.
Applications must be made to the email email@example.com and contain:
- CV – mandatory;
- Motivation Letter – mandatory;
- Recommendation Letters are optional but also welcome.