Job Title: Machine Learning Researcher
Job Ref: FhP_Jobs_2021_12
Job Type: Full time contract (1 year - renewable).
Job Salary: Depending on the academic degree and professional experience of the candidate.
Job Location: Porto, Portugal (likely remote until the end of 2021).
Job Description and Responsibilities:
The candidate will perform research activities within the Intelligent Systems group, namely in the area of Predictive Modelling & Recommendation. The candidate is expected to contribute for the innovation area of Cognitive Connected Solutions.
The candidate will work on the following tasks:
- Research and develop time series processing algorithms for trend analysis/anomaly detection for predictive maintenance of industry machinery equipment;
- Research and develop optimization / recommendation algorithms for efficiency gains in industrial processes;
- Research and implement machine learning models based on deep learning and reinforcement learning;
- Write deliverables and contribute to research papers.
Candidates with experience in the development of machine learning methods and knowledge in reinforcement learning, time series analysis, and predictive modelling are preferred. Motivation to work in industry applications will be valued. Previous working experience on relevant areas will be highly regarded. The candidate must be able to work autonomously and show excellent Portuguese and English communication skills.
Academic Master’s degree or equivalent academic qualifications (or equivalent second cycle complete) in the area of Biomedical Engineering, Informatics Engineering and Computer Science or similar.
- Excellent programming skills (Python preferred);
- Experience in machine learning;
- Scientific knowledge in machine learning framework(s) (Sklearn, TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch);
- Experience in reinforcement learning, time series analysis, and predictive modelling will be valued;
- Proficiency in English and Portuguese, both spoken and written.
More than 12 months of professional experience or research experience in R&D projects.
What we offer:
- Excellent work conditions;
- Being part of the team of one of the most renown applied R&D institutions of the world;
- Adequate salary (depending on the academic degree and professional experience);
- Private health insurance plan.
Applications are permanently open until the ideal candidate is selected. A first “cut-off” to evaluate applications day will occur on the 29th of April 2021.
The selected candidate is expected to start working in May 2021.
Applications must be made to the email firstname.lastname@example.org and contain:
- CV – mandatory;
- Motivation Letter – mandatory;
- Recommendation Letters are optional but also welcome.
The research activities in the scope of this job opportunity are planned to be developed within the framework of projects:
- SmartColor4Ceramics – Smart Color Replication for Ceramics, with reference POCI01-0247-FEDER-069890, Funded by Agência Nacional de Inovação;
- NewGenTSFAE – New Generation Test Systems for Future Automotive Electronics, with reference POCI01-0247-FEDER-046990, Funded by Agência Nacional de Inovação.