Job Title: Research Funding Advisor
Job Ref: FhP_Jobs_2021_13
Job Type: Full time contract (renewable)
Job Salary: Depending on the academic degree and professional experience of the candidate
Job Location: Porto, Portugal
Job Description and Responsibilities:
The candidate will work within the Projects Department, Research Management Group, dedicated to activities supporting pre-award phase of public funded research projects. Specifically, the candidate will have the following responsibilities:
1. Identify and secure funding for ongoing and planned research projects.
2. Actively seek funding opportunities for all research projects, including future projects, by maintaining a good knowledge of Fraunhofer AICOS Strategic Research Agenda, national and international related research actors, and a good understanding of the National and European funding related opportunities and processes.
3. Support the scientific team to deliver quality and successful proposals according to Scientific strategy and financial guidelines.
4. Participate and advise the scientific/proposal teams on research proposal development and program strategy.
5. Provide support and participate in the writing of quality and robust research proposals, making sure they include strong technical added value, meet research criteria/ present sound strategic vision, are coherent with budget and are aligned with the research program guidelines.
6. Give advice on grants management and contractual requirements, providing all elements required to make sure that research proposals are optimized towards its best financial execution and propose contractual modification if operational or research plans change.
The successful candidate will be dynamic, proactive, and a dedicated team player. Experience in pre-award phase and extensive knowledge on the European and Portuguese funding landscape is preferred. Experience in financial execution of funded projects is a plus. Previous working experience on relevant areas will be highly regarded. The candidate must be able to work autonomously and show excellent English and Portuguese communication skills.
Academic Master’s degree or equivalent academic qualifications (or equivalent second cycle complete) in any scientific area.
- Proficiency in English and Portuguese both spoken and written.
Candidates will have at least 3 years of prior experience in research management within Research Performing Organizations, particularly concerning public funded research projects.
What we offer:
- Excellent work conditions;
- Being part of the team of one of the most renown applied R&D institutions of the world;
- Adequate salary (depending on the academic degree and professional experience);
- Private health insurance plan.
Applications are permanently open until the ideal candidate is selected. A first “cut-off” to evaluate applications day will occur on the 14th of May 2021.
The selected candidate is expected to start working in mid-June 2021.
Applications must be made to the email firstname.lastname@example.org and contain:
- CV – mandatory;
- Motivation Letter – mandatory;
- Recommendation Letters are optional but also welcome.
The research activities in the scope of this job opportunity are planned to be developed within the framework of projects:
- HighSkillHR – Fraunhofer Portugal AICOS Highly Skilled Human Resources Recruitment, with reference NORTE-06-3559-FSE-000099, Funded by Norte 2020 Programa Operacional Regional do Norte.