Job Title: Machine Learning Operations Researcher
Job Ref: FhP_Jobs_2021_14
Job Type: Full time contract (1 year - renewable).
Job Salary: Depending on the academic degree and professional experience of the candidate.
Job Location: Porto, Portugal (likely remote until the end of 2021).
Job Description and Responsibilities:
The candidate will perform research activities within the Intelligent Systems (IS) group, namely in the area of Machine Learning Operations. It is expected the candidate to contribute for the development of competences in different Machine Learning Operations topics including (big) data and stream processing, model deployment, and edge computing. The candidate will work on the following tasks:
- Research and support the development of tools and frameworks for Machine Learning:
o Data annotation;
o Big data and Stream Processing;
o Data and model versioning;
o Model deployment;
o Continuous Integration and Continuous Learning.
- Support the development and maintenance of internal MLOps modules;
- Research of hot topics of Machine Learning on the Edge:
o Edge Inference;
o Federated Learning.
Candidates with experience in the development of machine learning pipelines and deployment are preferred. Interest in health or industry applications will be valued. Previous working experience on relevant areas will be highly regarded. The candidate must be able to work autonomously and show excellent English communication skills.
Academic Master’s degree or equivalent academic qualifications (or equivalent second cycle complete) in Informatics Engineering and Computer Science or similar.
- Experience in Full-stack development technologies and frameworks such as React or Node.js;
- Experience in cloud deployment technologies (e.g., Docker, Docker-compose, Kubernetes);
- Experience in Big Data and Stream Processing (e.g., Apache Spark, Kafka, Flink, etc.) will be valued;
- Experience in Machine Learning development and deployment will be valued;
- Proficiency in English both spoken and written.
More than 2.5 years of professional experience or research experience in R&D projects.
What we offer:
- Excellent work conditions;
- Being part of the team of one of the most renown applied R&D institutions of the world;
- Adequate salary (depending on the academic degree and professional experience);
- Private health insurance plan.
Applications are permanently open until the ideal candidate is selected. A first “cut-off” to evaluate applications day will occur on the 27th of April 2021.
The selected candidate is expected to start working in May 2021.
Applications must be made to the email firstname.lastname@example.org and contain:
- CV – mandatory;
- Motivation Letter – mandatory;
- Recommendation Letters are optional but also welcome.
The research activities in the scope of this job opportunity are planned to be developed within the framework of projects:
- HighSkillHR – Fraunhofer Portugal AICOS Highly Skilled Human Resources Recruitment, with reference NORTE-06-3559-FSE-000099, Funded by Norte 2020 Programa Operacional Regional do Norte.