Job Title: Group Leader of the Finance Department
Job Ref: FhP_Jobs_2021_16
Job Type: Full time contract
Job Salary: Depending on the academic degree and professional experience of the candidate
Job Location: Porto, Portugal
Job Description and Responsibilities:
Directly reporting to the Board of Directors, the role of the Group Leader of the Finance Department is to supervise the staff of the Finance Department, oversee internal controls, monitor expenditures, supervise payment requests issued to funding agencies, manage the institutional relation with funding entities, prepare and present forecasts and budgets, prepare and manage the financial audits and the financial annual reports. It is also responsible to overview the annual budget execution, monitor the organization liquidity and advise the Board of Directors with appropriate actions to meet the corporate goals. Besides pure financial tasks, this person should have an entrepreneur spirit and should be able to lead new entrepreneurship initiatives leveraged by Venture Capital.
The following tasks are included in the responsibilities of the Finance Group Leader:
- Manage the day-to-day activity of the Finance Department;
- Monitor the financial performance of the organization;
- Ensure compliance with all the financial, fiscal and legal requirements, responsibilities and obligations;
- Prepare and review profit and loss statements and Financial Reports;
- Review and validate all financial statements and reports issued to Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft;
- Closely monitor and control all financial procedures and requirements that are relevant in the context of funded projects (PT2020, H2020, etc.);
- Contribute to the optimization of financial and administrative procedures that involve the Finance Department through the usage of financial databases and computer software systems;
- Prepare and review the Forecasts and Budgets by compiling all relevant financial information;
- Monitor and analyse revenues and expenditures trends to ensure full budget control;
- Directly manage and interact with internal and external auditors to properly conclude financial audits;
- Prepare and manage Board meetings with the Fiscal Board, Scientific Board, Supervisory Board and General Assembly;
- Maintain the relationships with commercial banks;
- Contribute to the training and development of the team.
- Highly self-motivated, proactive and teamwork spirit;
- Able to work independently and under limited supervision;
- Leadership competences with ability to motivate a team;
- Project management skills.
Academic Master’s degree or equivalent academic qualifications (or equivalent second cycle complete) in the area of Finance, Management, Accounting or similar.
- Previous experience working on an automated budgeting and accounting system;
- Knowledge of ERP system PHC will be appreciated;
- Advanced knowledge of the accounting standards of the SNC and IFRS;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint);
- Proficiency in English and Portuguese languages, both spoken and written;
- Knowledge of German language is not mandatory but will be appreciated.
Minimum 5 years of relevant professional experience in similar function.
What we offer:
- Excellent work conditions;
- Being part of the team of one of the most renown applied R&D institutions of the world;
- Adequate salary (depending on the academic degree and professional experience);
- Private health insurance plan.
Applications are permanently open until the ideal candidate is selected. A first “cut-off” to evaluate applications day will occur on the 24th of May 2021.
The selected candidate is expected to start working in June 2021.
Applications must be made to the email firstname.lastname@example.org and contain:
- CV – mandatory;
- Motivation Letter – mandatory;
- Recommendation Letters are optional but also welcome.